Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Gifted Man Poem-ish Thing

A friend of mine posted a blip about her life in poetry so I thought I would copy her (thanks, Suzie). Here is my day being a background artist on  A Gifted Man, last Tuesday 2/7/2012.  The link at the bottom will take you to the show I am on in a few weeks (I hope).  Also, the poem may not be the clearest poem you've ever read, so feel free to ask questions. :)

Source

A man has a gift. What gift is that?!
It's his ex-wife ghost telling him to do right or rats!
I was an extra on this show.
To a sleeveless dress I told them no.
They put my hair up in a do.
And sprayed it down without shampoo.
The details here I cannot share.
They asked us kindly to leave info there.
I saw Patrick Wilson a few feet away.
I stood very still like a ball of clay.
The lights shown brightly from above
Like light shining down from a big white glove.
The cameras seemed to be every where
The assistant director had short hair.
She called out directions as clearly as day.
We all moved aside so she could go her way.
There was no lunch, it was so sad.
We were quite hungry, it was bad.
For lunch they told us to walk away,
But I had questions for the PA.
Making shows can be quite intense
And requires more than a couple of cents.
My head was thinking in and out
How can I make something like that come about.
Acting felt so glamorous and happy,
Just watching them all made me feel snappy.
Would I do this another day?
I feel I could shout, "Yes, I may."

Thanks to all the cast and crew.
They couldn't make it great without all of you.
Thank you for letting me talk and watch.
It helped me learn much more than one notch.

Thanks for reading this, I know it's bad.
But knowing you're reading this makes me glad.
Back to my life I now must go.
Soon, I hope you'll watch me on the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment