Thursday, October 13, 2011

Who Wants to be a Millionaire????

No, I am not offering any one any money--or even a job. . . sorry.

Have you seen it?! Have you seen Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

I have. In person. . . Right behind the contestants.  It's true. Turns out (I found out the last show of the three they filmed--that am on screen for nearly the whole time . . . almost as much as Meredith.  The ratings are for sure going to sky rocket.

Look for the blonde behind the contestants December 7, 8, and 9th.

I went to the show last week with my dear friend, Nelta and her friend (and now mine too) Patrice.

Right before I went in my green ticket fell down into the grate just before I went into the building. Gratefully the entrance people recognized me and knew I had been waiting. Nelta and Patrice shook their heads and laughed--just like me to do that.

 I got to "audition."  The reason I put that in quotation marks is because what they do is give you a test of thirty questions that you must answer in ten minutes. I thought it was mostly going to be about pop-culture (for some odd reason I felt I probably should know the names of the main people in Gossip Girl). So my friend NeLta--a pop-culture-ista, told me the names of the people three or four times.  But, they were not on the test so forgotten Gossip Girl crisis avoided.  But if you decide to go in there and "audition" then I would suggest getting to know Harry Potter quite well.


There were some lovely women standing in line behind me that decided that my bag was the enemy. I think I might have bumped them a couple of times and they said something and I apologized profusely, but they decided my apologies were not enough and every chance they had they touted their anger against my bag.  For the record I love my bag.

Also, the guy who was showing us to our seats asked us where we would like to sit--we weren't sure.  He told us that if someone said they wanted to sit at the contestants chair that he would put them on the show if he could.  I thought that was nice. Note to self.

Just for the record, when I was reading online about the "audition" and such they  told us we would not get to keep the pencils. Since that person wrote, the rules have changed and they give the audience the pencils.

Also, they give out a paper, mine was blue, upon which you answer several different questions about yourself.  For example, what do you think is the funniest thing about yourself. Somehow I felt like this was about the same thing as "Is there anything that you are mortally embarrassed to tell people about that you'd like us to air on world-wide television for you?"

They asked the normal questions like, "What would you do with the million dollars if you won it?"

I think about this question and my plausible answer, but the truth of the matter would undoubtedly be--studient loanieas destructivus upon the completion of the said I would immediately go on romanticus cruisius withimus my-imus sweetheart-icus and then downpaymenticus on a houseimus.  Does this sound Latin-ish?


It was humbling to take the test.  I thought I would know the things about Harry Potter, but to my surprise I did not. I think it was a combination of those questions and nearly every other question that pointed to my test-erly demise.  But it is okay, I'll just have to get one million dollars another way. Sniff.



The stand-up comic that they had to keep up audience zeal was of the self-depreciating sort.  He picked a couple of people in the audience that really got into the show and thanked one of them for taking a drink before hand.  He sent out a sheet so people could sign up for a discount to one of his future shows.  


They let one of the audience members stand up at the end. She was the last audience member to sit down so I felt like it wasn't so random a pick--it was rigged (at least that is my opinion).


Overall the experience made me thankful for my dear friends and sweet husband that watched our child whilst I went and enjoyed the day.  Thanks Patrice and Nelta. I had a great time! Let's go again.  Any one want to come too?

No comments:

Post a Comment