Thursday, December 1, 2011

Scholastic Mom Taping

My friends, Whitney and Emily forwarded me something from one of the parent groups in the area with sweet notes how they thought of me when they saw this.  The forward said:


My coworker at Scholastic needs moms for a video being filmed this Friday. Please contact Anna Hemphill at . . . if you're interested. The details are below.

Thanks!
Judy (mom to T&E)
---------------------------
We are filming a video and we need moms! Unfortunately no P&C staff can be featured so we’re looking for friends and family to get involved!

The filming will take place in the Scholastic auditorium on Friday, December 2nd.  Each mom will be required for 1 hour, and we will schedule the day based on availability.  It’s a simple shoot – we will be working with each mom one on one, no experience necessary, little to no memorization needed.  We want women who will be comfortable speaking to the camera.

We are looking for a diverse group of moms with children of different ages (infant to teen).  The children do not need to be present for the filming, but we welcome any who need or want to be there!

As a thank you, we will give each mom a $50 gift certificate to the Scholastic Store!

If you know of anyone who would like to participate, please tell them to email me ASAP and to include a picture.  I am happy to answer any questions and will send them additional information about the details of the video.



We appreciate your help, especially with this tight turnaround. Thank you!

-----------------------------

My curiosity was piqued. It was like it was shouting at me practically--if something can be truly shouted when read.  So I instantaneously emailed Ms. Hemphill with:

Dear Ms. Hemphill:

If the opportunity to be in your video is still available, I would really love to participate.  I heard about it from your friend Judy in the Sunset Park parents group.  

I would love to bring my son (age 3), if possible--but if not, I think I can make other arrangements.

My photo is attached.

Sincerely,

MVDG


She wrote back with:
Hi M,
Thank you for your interest (Love the pic!)! [M thought interjection--Oh! Thank you!]  We’re already booked now, but I will contact you if we need any last minute replacements before tomorrow!  Thanks so much, and we’ll keep you in mind for any other projects that may come up.

Thank you so much!

Anna


I was a little sad, but I thought--hey they want me for future projects. I don't know what it is about the phrase "future projects" but, to me, it sounds so full of possibilities.  

Then a little while later . . . .

Hi M,

So sorry for the late notice, but we need to fill someone in the. . . slot for tomorrow...  Would you still be interested?? [I'm anything, but sorry-thank you :D Yes! Yes!]. We’re asking each mom to allow about an hour, and we would love to have you and your 3 year old son join us! [Just how awesome is it that they'd be great if I brought my 3-year-old?  Super amazing great--that's how awesome. I am dancing a little happy dance inside my head].

Please wear a solid-colored top (no patterns), and please do not wear white or green (we will be using a green screen, and these colors will no appear in front of it).  You may wear whatever pants you are comfortable in – jeans, slacks.  We want you to look natural. [What on earth is my "natural" look?  Clothes party]. We will have a makeup person on hand to do touch ups [Ok, confession here. I have always wanted an experienced movie-making make-up artist to check/fix/do my make-up--YES!], but please come with whatever makeup you normally wear.  If you don’t wear makeup, don’t worry – the makeup artist is there to help you look natural on camera.

We will give you a $50 gift card to the Scholastic Store which you may use at any time!! [I cannot wait!!! I love books, books, and more books!  My kidlets love books, notebooks, and books and Christmas].

The address is . . .  Please check in with security – we will have your name in the computer [Look--I'll be official]– and you will be directed to the Auditorium where we will be doing the filming. [Hi Mom!]

Please let me know as soon as possible if you would like to come in and if you have any questions.  We’re excited to work with you! [No way you're as excited to work with me as I am to work with you.] My cell phone number is . . . if you need to contact me! [Yay!  I am so excited!]

Kind Regards,

Anna Hemphill.


I'm so giddy right now with excitement.  I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.  Maybe I'd better get better at following the parent groups. I love opportunities like this! 

3 comments:

  1. You will be absolute amamzing.....because you are an amazing mommie with exceptionally amazing kidlets. They should give you $50,000 certificate because of your wisdom and wit. Don't worry.....they will see who they have when you appear...go STAR M!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The previous comment was from my mother-in-law. Thanks Mom VDG! :D

    ReplyDelete