Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Gifted Man Part 2

Where's M?  
2:12
  A Gifted Man in the Roosevelt Hotel. In the episode
"In Case of Heart Failure." 
The link will take you to CBS to watch the episode.

3:07ish

 4:12ish

What a great experience! :) 
Also I would have leaned out a couple of feet except I didn't know the plant was blocking me in the last photo. Even if you can't see it, I felt lovely.  Thanks to the people I met that made it even more amazing.

I have to say the PAs were really helpful and talkative about making films and movies.  They even offered to look at my screenplay. Did you know I am writing one? It's almost finished.

Then I talked to wardrobe and they were super nice.  The guy had done the wardrobe for a lot of shows including Madonna's touring. He told me that my film preparation I should go through each of the scenes and write what wardrobe would be required for each person, that would make it easier to help the actors or wardrobe find what each person needs.  I felt so inspired I wanted to march in and add it all to my script.

Now you know why I am being a background artist. I want to make a movie, my movie. It's more than the sort of "Where's Waldo" game I play each time I try to find myself. I am learning all I can each time.

The hair lady was a little annoyed at being asked so many questions. It was probably the fact that it was crunch time and several of us missed a scene waiting for our hair to get done. In fact there were so many of us waiting I got us in a line for her to tell us whether or not we were ready to go down (assertive, right?). I wanted to go watch, but I also wanted my hair done professionally--my first time as an extra. . . . so it worked out happily for me. :)

You can't see my friends there but that girl with the blue was one of the ones that I sat and talked with extensively in the hair preparation part of waiting. She is an opera singer.  The other lady in the foremost front is a SAG actor that sat and watched them film for awhile with me.

I also got to hear one of the CBS head haunchos from CA come and give the cast and crew a pep-talk-ish sort of speech.  Fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment