Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Now You See Me

I'm going to be an extra on the movie Now You See Me.  It's a few days of all-night shooting. My other background artist friends tell me that all night shooting can be rather heck-ish.  But I'm excited to go in and stand a lot, hopefully watch the tricks, pyrotechnics, movie stars and chat a lot with the other 400-ish artists with me.  We're going to be at 5 Pointz, a graffiti mecca that is located in Long Island City, Queens.  Story is I am in the climatic part of the movie, if you see me, which is not likely. . . but I am not doing this to be seen, I am doing this to learn (and let's be honest--get some moolah).

Photo by Special KRB
And the show is about five magicians . . . renegades, I believe.   The stars, according to IMDB are Dave Franco, Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo, Morgan Freeman, Woody Harrelson . . . see IMDB for more information. IMDB says the storyline is: "FBI agents track a team of illusionists who pull off bank heists during their performances and reward their audiences with the money."

I'm supposed to be hip, funky and eclectic in a coat and scarf.  With warm winter clothing underneath.

They told me to wear one, bring one similar outfits to show wardrobe so they can decide what I will wear.  I got my super warm  non-black, red or white coat (the official nixed colors) fixed today for free by a tailor in my neighborhood (yay!).

I'm supposed to bring my camera.

This is probably all the information I will be able to give you movie-wise. . . but doesn't it kind of make you excited to see it?  I'm excited to see it. . . and not just because I'm going to be in it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey.. I was there. And there. Not on Sunday. But will be again on Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there. Any pictures of the money storm?

    ReplyDelete