Sunday, April 29, 2012

Movie Addendum and a Bit about My Hopeful Movie

I forgot to tell you about some of the great experiences that happened whilst filming "Now You See Me."

CGI Guy
On night three, I ran into the guy that does CGI for the movie, Danny, I think was his name.  I said, "Are you part of the CGI department?"  He said pointedly, "I am the CGI department."  Then I felt like a squashed bug.  He was rushing around trying to get things set up so he knew what needed CGI-ed. It was so neat to pretend like I knew what he was doing.  But I still managed to finagle a few more answers out of him. . . I asked him what films he'd done previously and I can't remember any of the ones he said, except Titanic.  I had recently read an article about the movie and it had said that the CGI in Titanic was groundbreaking. So I told him that and he gave me  a please-no-more-questions/comments look and scuttled away.


Night Four, Experience A
A couple of comments that I heard those nights, particularly the fourth night, have been echoing in my head.  At one point one of my new friends came over to me and asked, "Do you think there are talent scouts here tonight? My dad says he thinks there are."  This was right after she went through a whole fake hitting me thing--which completely surprised me and I re-acted like I was getting hit. You know--fake slap to the right; reaction, face turns to the left--but all in slow motion.

A couple of days later, as this came to the forefront of my memory bank, I realized I had talked about my movie and I laughed to myself thinking she may have meant me. She could have been meaning me, right?!  Right?!  I'm going to think of it that way, because it makes me feel more certain of myself in the movie-making-way. So, if you read this and you know it's you, thank you for the complement--even if it wasn't for me.

Night Four, Experience B
Also on night four, I was asking one of the camera operators a boat load of questions and he started asking me some and it came up that I was trying to learn all I could so I can make a movie. One girl, S, overheard and gleefully asked, "I want to be in your movie! Can I be in your movie?"

I was stunned.  I'm not sure why I was so shocked because I was surrounded by people that would give their right arm to be an actor, with lines, in a movie.  But, that someone would downright say, "I want to be in your movie!" made me feel like a billion dollars.

But, I couldn't think straight. It was wa-a-a-y past my bedtime and I'll be honest, I was running purely on adrenaline. I stuttered, "I'm not even sure if the movie will be made."  I was wracking my brains imagining her as the different characters. So I told her that she could make a video of her acting and send it to me so I could see it and email me when it was ready.

Dear S:  Please forgive me for butchering you name so many times the nights of the movie shoot.  I would get it horribly wrong, you would correct me and I would say it right two times and then the next time I start talking to you, again, it would be all wrong.  Also, I wasn't meaning to shut you out when you were persistently telling me you wanted to be in my movie, it is just that I haven't even planned that far in advance. I'm still in step two: get script approval.  When I get to the casting point I'm hoping to get out and see a lot of people in plays, hear them read for me, and we'll see where it goes. I would love to see you act. But before I get to that point I have to secure funding. Thank you for wanting to be in my movie. I feel very validated. --M


About my movie. . . ooohh, I get chills when I write that. . . my movie. I gave the script to my (hopeful) camera man to see what he thought. His daughter read it and liked it (whew!). Now I am waiting to see what he and his wife think.  I feel so blessed to live in a place where I get to know people with ideals similar to my own. :)  I think it's God's way of saying, "Go forward, create!"





1 comment:

  1. Hi! I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. Go here to check it out! :)
    http://brentsuzie-thewhitehouse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete