Thursday, August 12, 2010

Tuesday, Law and Order SVU

SVU means "Special Victims Unit" when people are involved in crimes that makes most people cringe and some hide their faces. But it was a very interesting experience. Yet, 250 shows later people are still enjoying cringing and hiding their faces (apparently). I saw this show for the first time after I got home on Tuesday although I thought I had seen it before.

The guest star was Jennifer Love-Hewitt (I didn't get a picture of her, but I saw the back of her head when her body guard bellowed for everyone to clear the side walk).


This is Frankie Roth. He is a very nice fellow that has been in the business 35 years. His family was in it since he was a child--the first time "Annie"came out they were involved. Sarah Jessica Parker used to call him Uncle Frankie.

He told me they all work about 90 hours a week. They get there between 6:30 a.m. and leave between 9 p.m. and midnight a lot. What these people sacrifice to bring us quality entertainment, right?


Mr. Ice-T, the intimidating figure standing there next to the lady in the white tank top, seemed like a normal foul-mouthed person off the street. When I arrived, I had no idea he was a big-wig until I heard him talking about himself in third person. Apparently he was put in jail recently because of some insurance reason. He was only in there 20 minutes and TMZ (some society gossip media) was on his case. He felt like he was treated like a regular guy off the street in jail, even though he's been seen on television as the cop. I just realized I eaves dropped that whole conversation. Sorry, Mr. Ice-T, if you ever read this.

Oh, yeah. I also wanted to mention that all those people that swarmed around him to get pictures didn't actually say much to him--like nothing. He didn't say anything either. I kind of felt bad for him and for those people. He may as well put on an Elmo costume and gone to Sesame Place (it's like Lagoon but for kids 8-ish and under).


The guy that stands there like he expects the person in front of him to drop and give him 50 push-ups is Christopher Meloni. He kind of reminds me of a brick wall with a head (not his acting, but the way he looks). I mean that in a good way.



This is Mariska Hargitay. She had a guard who sat outside her trailer. She did not greet the people. But after about 30 minutes of being there I was shocked when a guy directly behind me shouted out something to her. I about jumped out of my skin. Then he said to his buddies, "We'd better go now." They must have been given the you'd-better-get-going-now-bud-or-you'll-be-visiting-the-real-coppers. I know "coppers" is so 1930's but I still love it.


This man is NYC Hollywood's most famous extra, known as "Radio Man." You may notice that most of the films filmed in NYC in the last ten years shows this man at some point or other. That's because he rides around and finds film sets and such, he gets autographs and sells them. That's how he makes his money. This is all according to Frankie, the guy I met that told me all about the filming business for about 1.5-2 hours. It was delightful. He also got me a refreshing bottle of water and talked with another crew member's mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment