Tuesday, August 17, 2010

White Collar . . . meeting the stars




Just so you know, I was not an extra for this show. In fact, I couldn't even work up the nerve to go an talk to the people in charge of extras. All I can say is, I'm working on it.

Let me tell you about my day. I went to Madison Square Park and talked to every member of the crew I could get to. I saw a few of the people from the last time I went to White Collar.

Let's just say it was my favorite filming day, ever.About an hour before they ended the guy in the purple shirt (Jamie)-- motioned to me to come and talk. He said something like, "Who's home with the kids?"

I laughed and said, "My husband."Then he raised his eyebrows knowingly and said, "So, have you met Matt?"

I shrugged my shoulders and said (what must have sounded uber-star struck and coy), "No."

He said something like, "Well, you will."
I kind of nodded my head non-committed-ly and as quickly as possible changed the subject.

I noticed Jamie and the guy with the white, striped shirt speaking together and looking at me a few minutes later. I watch for a moment, but get caught up in watching the director direct.


About twenty minutes later the guy with the white striped shirt comes up to me as I am visiting with by-standers and stand-ins and says very dramatically, "M, M. Your chance will come."I answered with what I hoped sounded partially nonchalant, "My chance for what?"
I could suddenly picture my 5-year-old daughter clasping both her hands together with a huge grin on her face saying, "My dreams will come true?"
The crowd around me suddenly buzzing, "What is he talking about?" " What will come?" "Are you going to be on the show?"He answered, "You know what. Your chance will come." I like to think of that last sentence floating away in the breeze.

I tried to act as though this act had no influence on me whatsoever. But I assure it--it's effect was exactly what he was aiming for-ish.
I talked with a few more people for the next twenty minutes. Then the guy in the white, striped shirt came to me and said, "M, follow me."

So I got up and followed the man. He walked very quickly and it was a bit challenging to keep up with him (I thought I was a fast walker--er--medium at best). He walked through the crew cleaning up with all possible haste and straight to Marsha Thomason and Matt Bomer. Mr. Bomer was surrounded by women hastily taking his picture.
I asked Ms. Thomason if I could get a picture with her. She agreed. Ta Da.



Then, it was my turn to have a picture with Mr. Bomer.

Mr. Bomer: Hi, I'm Matt. What's your name?
Me: M, nice to meet you. (At least I think that's what I hope I said).

Then we turned to get a picture. Everyone had moved. It looked like it was going to be a hand held shot--but then striped shirt guy came back and took the picture. But I had to get my two-bowling-balls-sized bag out of the way. I think it worried Mr. Bomer a bit because I couldn't figure out which side to wear it.

I made sure I did not throw-up or faint (I could just imagine TMZ zooming out of a hidden doorway under Madison Square Park with a camera aimed at us--and breaking news popping onto your television set-- "Fan spews and faints on set with Matt Bomer. Bomer was rushed to his home for an immediate shower. Reports say he is okay--but being tested for every disease that is transmittable via throw-up. Then my picture would come up behind bars. Suspect is being held for questioning--after a drink of OJ for a pick-me-up).

Oops, I blinked. Ugh! Oh well.

I pretty much fled to the subway the moment it was over, but not before I called out lamely, "Thank you. I watch your show every week. It's good."

My guess is that he was thinking, "No kidding, why else would you sit and watch me and the crew all afternoon." But instead he smiled and said with ease, "Thank you."

Yeesh!

Thank you to the White Collar cast and crew for letting me pepper you with questions. Thank you for your professionalism and patience. You made my day--right after my kids and sweetheart giving me huge hugs when I got home. :D

More later. Got to go to bed for tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! I would have been a mess if I met someone like that. You're so brave!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, that's awesome!! how do you find out where they're filming???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found out where they are filming from a great website called onlocationvacation.com. It actually tells what is filming and where across the country. Every now and then I meet other OLV-ers and we have a lovely chat. If you'd like there is a link also for the site on my side bar.

    ReplyDelete