Saturday, August 14, 2010

White Collar (from Tuesday)

This was pre-decision to be an extra. So I did not ask to see the Assistant Director about being one.


When I get there I am greeted with the actual Batman 2 Batmobile. I know. Your heart is thumping like a tambourine that is doing the salsa. The driver of the truck it was attached to said it is going to be in the upcoming remake of Arthur a story about a rich guy that dresses up like Batman and drives (a different) Batmobile into the pole at the end of Broadway and this one shows the results. He meets a girl . . . the rest . . . is in the making.



The boom operator (you know that outside hairy or non hairy if you're inside microphone that floats above the head of the person in front of the camera). The guy in the black is in charge of that--I saw him two days later by Columbia University done filming "Premium Rush" for the day. The lady was probably one of 2 crew members that was a lady.


The guy (Dave) is the stand-in for Matt Bomer, the girl is his friend.


The younger fellow is a stand-in. I am not sure for whom he stands-in. It was his first time. He has a horror movie that he wrote in pre-production that his uncle, a well-known big-wig, helped him get produced and such which is called Clinton Rd. If you see it, know you saw the writer here first. The kid was nice, he said I made his day. Aw, shucks.


Here is the location 125th St. and Lenox Ave. in Harlem.


Felice Diamond and the guy that gave me the suggestion (upon my asking) to use Kerastase nutritive on my hair when it gets humid to help it. Thank you, I already spent a small fortune and purchased some. He let me use his chair when he went to get a refreshment. Then he let me keep sitting in it when he got back. They were very nice and talkative. She did Keri Russel's make-up for August Rush. For humidity and make-up she recommends blotting and dashing with powder when sweating a storm. I have to kind of admire these people because they make all the actors like they just stepped out of a fashion magazine.


Here is the "FBI team" since they are actors they had to remove or cover anything that says FBI on it. So do the police people. They really stayed in character. Check out the looks I was getting as I took their pictures. I think secretly, they were flattered.

This is Billy Dee Williams (a.k.a. Lando Calirissian from Star Wars). I ran to get this photo of him. He was quite gentlemanly to let me take it like this. :D


Most of those people from the pictures above (except Mr. Williams) I asked a load of questions. Like:

What inspired you to do this?
A lot of them had been doing it since they were little and had family that was involved.
How did you get started?
Most of them got started from help from their friends.
Is this your dream job?
Many of them told me it was their dream job. I loved to hear that.

There is a real police officer that stands outside the filming area for all the sets in the city. They are part of a special unit called the "Movie/TV Unit." They arrest people for bugging the set crews.

Overall I think this crew was very nice and I think I talked to at least half of them. They all thought I was a reporter.

This is M. Reporting later from her home computer to you, my faithful blog followers. Until next time. . . may the force be with you.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I can't believe you saw Lando. So jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very entertaining writer. I'm so jealous. I would love to do what you're doing. Keep up the great posts! I'm enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete